The Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development (MLGRD) in collaboration with the Ministry of Environmental, Science and Technology (MEST) will launch two policy documents: the Environmental Sanitation Policy and the Decentralization Policy framework on the theme “Clean your Environmental for a BETTER GHANA’’ on November 30th 2010 in Madina, Accra. The Launch is to outdoor two strategy documents and mark the beginning of the National Sanitation Week 2010.
The launch entails out-dooring of the National Environmental Sanitation Strategic Action Plan (NESSAP) and the Action Plan for the Decentralisation framework.
Special Guest of Honour: H.E The Vice president John Dramani Mahama
Venue: Institute of local government studies Auditorium.
DATE: 30th/ 11/2010
As part of activities marking the sanitation week, various activities are lineup including;
- National Clean up by all Metropolitan, Municipal, District Assemblies.
- Radio and TV discussions
- Learning and sharing engagement on Sanitation (NLLAP)
- Commemoration of the World Toilet Day.
- Moslem special Friday sermon on Sanitation
- National Clean-up exercises
- Christian special sermons and sanitation.